Here's the rules for Fabriholics Anonymous
- To use the Stash I already have! (well I bought it because I liked it right? So… I should use it!)
- Finish UFOs without distraction by shifting to other new beautiful fabric. (I have so, so many UFO's. They must be dealt with and either sold in my shop or gifted to lucky friends and family or I could actually make something for myself for a change).
- Stop the insanity of constantly buying the latest and greatest fabric. (There's no sense buying this beautiful fabric and then letting it collect dust on a shelf. The world deserves to see these fabrics in all their glory).
- Save the $$$ I spend on stashing. (Really, seriously. This is a good enough reason by itself to do this fast. We are saving for our new house and I'm a huge suck on the fundage right now. Just being real!)
- Destash the fabrics that I realize I am never going to use. (I have already begun this actually a few months ago and have given away so much. Still doesn't look like it.)
FABRIC FAST RULES:
1) No fabric purchases for 6 months beginning January 1, 2014. (I get heart palpitations just reading this!)
2) At 6 months reevaluate status and decide whether to keep going for full year. Evaluation July 1, 2014. (I can already say without question I am going to continue this fast the entire year. I just have too much! But … I am going to evaluate what I used/made the most during the first 6 months and decide if I need anything to continue. I'm also allowing myself a few splurges on July 1st for any fabrics I've been completely lusting over these next 6 months.)
3) Create a UFO list and complete them! (God I do not look forward to this list. It will be epic.)
- Backing: purchasing a backing to finish a quilt top is permissible. However, attempting to use fabric in your possession for a backing is preferable.
- Books and Magazine purchases are allowed as they are not fabric. Notions acceptable too.
- Swap Fabric: if hosting/participating in a swap you are permitted to buy fabric to execute swap duties, but you may not join a swap simply for the sake of being able to buy fabric!
- Items for Shop: if you are making an item for a client and need certain fabric to execute it correctly then that is a major exception - who can blame you? But, stash should be consulted first!
Look out for tomorrow's post which should be filled with photos of my insane amount of fabric. I figure if I put the pictures here for everyone to see, then it will
For anyone looking to join this group or follow along with all of us, here's the link.